July 1st is Ghana Republic day which is a holiday that commemorates Ghana being declared a republic. There was no school today but all the students came to the school anyway to have a big game day. We played some african games and some american games that we have taught the kids like Duck Duck Goose and Red Rover, and we played volleyball and soccer, whoop whoop! We also had two small swimming pools, and the day was so hot that it felt very refreshing to get wet. I would like you to observe the color of the water in the swimming pool in this picture. If you think it looks very brown then you are correct. The water looked like mud water but I was so hot I couldn't resist getting in, you know what they say, when in Ghana... Can you spot me in the picture? It's kind of like playing Where's Waldo except you are trying to spot the Obroni. I'm a little sad that I won't be in the U.S. to celebrate our Indepedence Day on Saturday but I'm sure we will do something extra special to celebrate in Ghana.
Wednesday, July 1, 2009
Happy Ghana Republic Day!!!
July 1st is Ghana Republic day which is a holiday that commemorates Ghana being declared a republic. There was no school today but all the students came to the school anyway to have a big game day. We played some african games and some american games that we have taught the kids like Duck Duck Goose and Red Rover, and we played volleyball and soccer, whoop whoop! We also had two small swimming pools, and the day was so hot that it felt very refreshing to get wet. I would like you to observe the color of the water in the swimming pool in this picture. If you think it looks very brown then you are correct. The water looked like mud water but I was so hot I couldn't resist getting in, you know what they say, when in Ghana... Can you spot me in the picture? It's kind of like playing Where's Waldo except you are trying to spot the Obroni. I'm a little sad that I won't be in the U.S. to celebrate our Indepedence Day on Saturday but I'm sure we will do something extra special to celebrate in Ghana.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think I found you. Yellow shirt with a large plate on your head on the left.
ReplyDelete